PLEASE READ BEFORE REQUESTING AN APPOINTMENT:
Starting July 1st when making an appointment there will be a $25 non-refundable deposit that will be applied to the cost of your procedure. If you cancel your appointment, the deposit will be converted to a donation.
1. Scheduling an online appointment does NOT guarantee the appointment date you selected. You will receive an email confirming your appointment date or giving you a new date. You will also receive a phone call to take your deposit to keep that appointment.
2. We are not making appointments over the phone for owned cats and dogs. If there are no dates available, then we are full for that size/species.
3. FERAL/COMMUNITY CATS-Please call or email us for appointments. No online scheduling is permitted. (Feral cats are wild outdoor cats that cannot be picked up, handled, or held without violence.)
5. All male dogs are required to have an e-collar to prevent licking after surgery. If you do not have an e-collar one will be provided for you at the time of surgery at a cost of $15.00.
4. Not every companion animal is a good surgical candidate for our clinic. Some dogs and cats, e.g., seniors, those with specific medical conditions, animals on certain medication etc., are better served by being spayed or neutered in a full-service veterinary facility that can better meet their specific needs. Please note the following qualifying criteria prior to requesting an appointment with our clinic:
PLEASE NOTE: The decision to allow an animal to have surgery on our clinics is at the sole discretion of the attending veterinarian and licensed staff. They will make the best decision for your animal’s safety and well-being and may refuse to perform any procedure on any animal for any reason.
5. Drop off time for dogs is 7:30am-8:00am. Pick up is usually 2pm.
Drop off time for cats is 8:00am – 8:30am. Pick up is usually 4pm.